Wednesday 16 February 2011

V is for Vintage

Hi everyone, today's card is another change from the cuties.
When I first started cardmaking my passion was vintage style cards, especially the Art Deco period and I couldn't understand the fascination with 'cute' at all. Oh, how we change!
Since becoming 'hooked' with cute images, I hardly ever manage to make vintage any more and I do find myself missing it, even more so since fellow DT buddy Daniele joined Sketch n Stash (if you haven't seen her gorgeous vintage cards, do take a look!)
Anyway, long story short, I decided to make a vintage card for a change and luckily, I found that it even fits a few challenges, so here they are:

Raise The Bar - A Valentine card with no pink or red
One Stop Craft Challenge - Love is in the Air
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Love
Paper Sundaes - Pick Your Topping (I've used flowers and lace)
The Shabby Tea Room - Keeping Warm (colour inspiration)

I really enjoyed this, in fact I think you can expect to see lots more vintage style cards in the future (as well as the cuties, not instead of) I hope you like it too?

21 comments:

Jennie said...

Great colors, great card. I love vintage !!
Greetings Jennie

Unknown said...

awww... this is such a sweet & pretty card! Love the soft colors and sweet embellies! But unfortunatly you have entered too many challenges to be eligable for our prize this week... Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!

Debbie said...

Lovely vintage image ... thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Vicky said...

Just love it Chrissie, you do vintage soooo well! fab colours too sweetie :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Beryl said...

So glad you decided to do a vintage card Chrissie - coz you do it so well. This is gorgeous - love the design and the colours you've used.
Beryl xx

Faye said...

Oh Chrissie, this is a lovely pice. That lace is really pretty and I love that you have the little bit of black doily punch peeping out under it. Fabbylicious. Thanks for all your lovely comments at mine. xxx

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Chrissie, nice to see your vintage cards again
Beryl x

Fiona said...

this is fab...lovely photo and I love how you have arranged everything...the flower looks so pretty it really pops out too. thankas for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Daniele said...

Ahhhh that is so sweet of you Chrissie, I love your vintage card and the colours look great
hugs

Barbara said...

Chrissie, this is beautiful! I love that you've been bitten by the "cute" bug, but, I must admit I've been missing your sensational vintage works. You haven't lost your touch! Love 'n' hugs!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Chrissie your vintage themed creation is a stunner!! Gorgoeus!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Chrissie and love the fab colours.
luv
Debby

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie. You do both cute and vintage equally well.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

PapierGirl said...

Pretty vintage image - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh Wow Chrissie that is just so beautiful!!

Lots of love Sheila xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

I love this image it's so lovely & the card is so pretty too, thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

Shana said...

Love the colour combination! Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again this week!

Lizzy said...

Stunning card hun ...I have something for you on my blog, please take either...or both.

xx Lizzy xx :)

Doreen said...

A stunning card, I love the corners and that pretty lace.xxx

Sol said...

Beautiful Colours.. They match Perfect together! Lovely Card!

iReneM said...

A thoroughly gorgeous card, Chrissie.
Just my cup of tea, dontcha know :-)

x