Thursday 20 January 2011

Around the World


Hi everyone, today's card uses the fabulous sketch from A Gem of a Challenge which I saw and fell in love with on my DT buddy Angie's blog.
I'm also entering this into a few other challenges as well, which are:

Cute Card Thursday - Recipe 1,2,3 (1 punch, 2 ribbons, 3 papers)
Mo's Digital Challenge - Around the World
Do It With Digis - Pink and Girly
Simon Says Stamp - Bingo (Punch, Emboss, Ribbon) You can't really see much of the embossing but I cuttlebugged the scalloped circle with my Swiss Dots folder.

Card Details:
* Image - Mo Manning 'Kimono Girl'
* Colouring medium - Promarkers
* Papers - Basic Grey 'Euphoria'
* Punch - MS 'Pop-Up Butterfly border'
* Everything else from my stash

I decided to try something different and coloured the circle mat with promarkers to try and make it more pink & girly. This was after I'd already used 'Lipstick Pink' Distress Inks around the edge and was definitely a process I won't be trying again ! lolol!

Hopefully I've finished the sort out of my craft room, it certainly looks more organised now and gave me a bit more space. Until that is, I ordered masses of cardstock from The Papermill last night.
I think the amount of new stuff that will be arriving is going to take up about 3 times more space that I managed to clear.....ah well!

24 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Chrissie, I do love the image.xxx

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Chrissie and what a lovely image. Love what you done with the circle mat and yummy colour too :o)

Have fun sorting out your card stock hun, so love getting crafty goodie lol!

Hugs Vicky xx

Lynne said...

Hey Chrissie - what a beauty!!! love the image - so cute :o) thanks for playing along with us at Do it with Digis
Lynne xoxo

Elaine L. said...

Very pretty! I love that image! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Chrissy :-) I love this image and the pink background looks fab !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie,love this image and the colours used.
Sue xx

Pat said...

Hi Chrissie...I love your pinks and blues...and this little card perfectly captures this week's theme! So tickled you joined this week's challenge at Mo's...and you were the FIRST to enter. Cool!! Have a great week, sweetie!
Pat Frank

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Chrissie,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous image Hunni. Love your colours and layout. Good luck in the challenges.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous card. I love what you did with the pink background to the image - it looks really effective.
Thanks for joining A Gem of A Challenge this week and good luck.
Caroline (GDT) xxx

Julie said...

Such a sweet card. Lovely layout! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Julie

The Wired Angel said...

Great job, Chrissie. Glad you could join us at Mo's challenge this week. Thanks so much. Peggy :)

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie, luv the sweet image & lush colour combo .

xx Lizzy xx :)

Chris said...

A beautiful card Chrissie and your image is so gorgeous! Love your colouring and your wonderful design too. Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs, Chris x

Sharon said...

What an adorable card. Very pink and girly.
Thanks for joining in the challenge at Do It With Digi's, hope to see you again next time.
Sharon x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Chrissie!I love the colors!The coloring of that image is beautiful.Lovely.
Hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

You picked the perfect paper for this card.. LOVE your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Chrissy, pretty colours and love butterfly border.
Lovely that you could join us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Chrissie Ive been away on a break so haven't commented on you cards lately ...but I'm back now...well you can see that can't you? Gosh I can be so stoooopid at times. Isn't she just so beautiful, you card is beautiful and so are all the others that I have missed.

Love and hugs
Sheila xx

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Iulia said...

Lovely card! I just love your coloring and the butterfly border!
Wonderful choice of image!
Hugs, iulia

Cynthia said...

Fabulous coloring of this image!!

Trisha said...

Great card and very cute image! Thanks for playing with the Digi Divas at DIWD! xox Trisha

Faye said...

The promarkering may have been a hassle, but it was soo worth it as it looks great behind Kimono girl. xxx