Saturday 20 March 2010

Welcome, little bundle of joy

Hi everyone, at last I've made something to show you.
My niece, Jane, is expecting a baby in just over a month's time and, as we already know that it will be a boy, I wanted to get a card made.
She already has 2 little girls by her previous marriage, but this baby will be the first boy in the family for about 18 years and he is to be named William, after his grandfather (my brother in law) who sadly passed away last year.
I can't remember the last time I had a 'new baby' card to make for our family, suffice to say it was a long, long time ago, so I thoroughly enjoyed making this one for sweet William.
The adorable image was kindly sent to me by a crafting friend, Cathy, after I had fallen in love with it on one of her cards, so I have no idea where it originally came from I'm afraid.

Card Details:
* Papers - Raspberry Road Designs 'My Baby Love - Boy'
* Sentiment tag - K & Co 'vellum sentiments'
* Nestabilities - Scalloped Ovals
* Everything else from my stash

One of the things I have been wanting to do for some time, is to make some slightly different shaped cards. This one is a poor copy of a style frequently used by another of my crafting friends, Irene, on her stunning cards and was made by cutting an A4 sheet width ways and then joining it at the side to make a 'landscape' A5 card.

Having searched some of the card challenges, I think I can enter this card for the following ones:
SophistiCat #26 - 'New Beginnings'
Crafty Creations #59 - 'Spots & Dots'
Creative Card Crew #46 - 'Going Dotty'
Ooh La La #49 - 'Anything Goes'

I apologise for not blog hopping for a little while, but I'm hoping to catch up with you all in the next couple of days.  I've been having a lot of neck pain recently, so have been limiting my time on the PC (you already knew I was a pain in the neck didn't you? LOL!) add to this that I pulled my back a couple of days ago and you have some idea of the sort of mess I'm in at the moment.
Thank you for continuing to leave comments for me, I find them so encouraging (and I need lots of that at the moment!)

18 comments:

Anne said...

Absolutely perfect card Chrissie. Can't wait to hear all about the new addition to the family. Hugs x

Ann Whitfield said...

Oh Chrissie, your niece is going to love this. It's exquisite! Such gentle colours and so classy - absolutely stunning. You have my full sympathy for your poor neck and back and I hope your pain eases soon my friend.
Ann x

Jill said...

ohh Wow wow wow Chrissie this is adorable and so beautiful, I love the picture, aww so cute and the lace is gorgeous, ohh it's just stunning your niece will love it, hope your neck is better soon take care lots of love Jill xx

starcyl said...

Chrissie this is a beautiful card, so sorry to read of the pain you're in but I'm sure if you give yourself time you'll soon be back to normal.

I really like the shape of this card and it's one I'll have a go at, funny but it's something I've never thought of doing.
Jenny xx

Crystal said...

WOW Chrissie this is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great idea with the baby pic this is GORGEOUS!!!!

Pamela said...

Such a beautiful card Chrissie. Like you I have had neck pain for several weeks now. Have excerises from Physio but not doing much good at the moment. We just need some sunshine me thinks.

Pam x

Wendi said...

Chrissie that is one of the most beautiful baby cards I have seen its gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la I do hope we see you again
Wendi

iReneM said...

Ooooh, Chrissie, this is the most adorable card!
A lovely layout for this beautiful baby pic...couldn't you just eat him :-)
The papers and finishing touches are perfect.
I particularly admire how you've arranged the pearls.
Take care my friend, thinking of you, and I hope you 'get well' soon.

x

mckinkle said...

Really beautiful card Chrissie, such a stunning image!

Keryn x

Moshie said...

Simply STUNNING!!! Your card is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week. hugs, Diana

Sandra said...

Beautiful Baby Boy card.
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Sandra x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along this week at crafty Creations with your beautiful project! Cheers Claire x

gina g said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Sophisticats challenge this week. luv gina xx

Barbara said...

Oh, Chrissie, this is absolutely darling (I save that word for when nothing else will do!). So elegant and fresh. I can almost detect that lovely baby smell! Congrats to your niece and welcome to baby William. His grandfather will bless him from Heaven I am sure.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Big hugs,
Barb

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a really gorgeous card Chrissie and you have done so much better with the image then I did. Lol. So sorry to hear about your back and neck problems. Do take care hun and I hope you will feel better soon. Cathy xxxx

Beryl said...

How exciting - a new baby in the family. I hope you get to see hinm lots. They'll love this card - should earn you lots of visiting points.
Hope the neck (and back) soon get better.
Hugs
Beryl xx

Cheryl said...

What a lovely card!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Chrissie - this is definitely the most beautiful baby card I have ever seen. Fabulous work!